Spaghetti with Shrimp, Broccolini, and Basil
Let's Get Cooking!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat one tablespoon olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes in a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp in one layer. Cook until pink on both sides and just cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to same skillet. Add broccolini and sprinkle with one teaspoon salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Sauté until crisp tender. Transfer broccolini to another plate.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, one teaspoon salt and one teaspoon black pepper. Simmer 10 minutes, breaking tomatoes apart with a spoon. Taste and if necessary add a pinch of sugar. Stir in shrimp and broccoli; remove from heat. Add spaghetti and toss to combine.
- Transfer spaghetti to a serving bowl. Scatter cheese and basil leaves over pasta and toss one more time. Add a grinding of black pepper. Serve along with extra Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Equipment Needed: Large Pot
Non-stick skillet (medium)